[RTTY] Dayton RTTY Forum Presentations on the Web

Ron Kolarik rkolarik at neb.rr.com
Wed May 28 00:21:36 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Cooper"

> It was interesting to note that there are differences between each of the
> thoughts, and I guess that is partly due to the geographical locations of
> the three of you.
> I wonder what thoughts someone from the "Black Hole" has on these? Anyone
> care to comment?

Better antennas, a "crunch proof" reciever, more power....in that order.  It's amazing
what can be accomplished with 50 watts and a good antenna. Moving to either coast
or South of 41 deg. N would also help....a lot!!

Frustration is being a 6m DXer in the center of ZERO-land.....aptly named I think :).
Last fall I worked as far East as Italy....once....and it's the same frustration listening
to all the East coast guys working Europe for the umpteenth time and not a prayer
of getting out from the "hole" but I still try.  Don't know which is worse, hours of white
noise or hearing diddles for DAYS after a contest......I'm okay, really I am, maybe :).

Ron  K0IDT

.