[RTTY] re: the Black Hole

Dave Sjolin sjolin at swbell.net
Wed May 28 13:38:39 EDT 2003

While 0 land may be a black hole in terms of DX, its not as bad for RTTY
Roundup and perhaps for Field day, Sweepstakes and other contests where
there are plenty of US stations to work on 40 and 80 meters.

Many times during the Roundup I end up working more stations on 40 than on
20. One year I was able to knock off WAS during a Roundup from Missouri
using 300 watts and a vertical. The bulk of the stations and state
multipliers were worked on 40.

73 de Dave, N0IT