[RTTY] Confession - I hate QTC's

Frank Fallon - N2FF n2ff at optonline.net
Mon Nov 10 16:09:59 EST 2003

I really do.  It's not really a matter of whether my software handles them
well, easily or not at all.  I just have no patience for them.  I want to
work as many stations as I can in a contest.  I do not want to play post
office or wait for someone to finish sending or receiving QTC's before I
work them.  I passed by a lot of stations in the process.

I am sure I am not alone in this feeling or opinion. Contesting to me is
working as many different stations as I can within a given time period.  My
favorite format is the CQWW format but I manage to tolerate or come close to
enjoying a number of other formats.  But the WAE format is a real strain.  I
feel that exchanging QTC's just slows things down.  I guess I don't like
playing that kind of post office.  For that reason I seldom enter the
contest and usually do not make much more than 100 QSO's and never send or
receive the hated QTC's.

I had a buffer ready for the contest.  It said.  "No QTC's.  I hate QTC's
SRI.  I sent it only when asked about sending or receiving QTC's.

Thank you for letting me ventilate.

Frank Fallon........  N2FF