[RTTY] Another reason to sign "portable"

W0YR at aol.com W0YR at aol.com
Sat Oct 4 11:48:18 EDT 2003

Shelby is EXACTLY right.

Who cares about some prototypical QSL system and the imposition of rules to
accomodate its inadequacies?

In contesting, what we care about is ACCURACY.  It is more accurate for K5ZD
to sign K5ZS/1 from Mass and for W0YR to sign W0YR/4 from Virginia than to not
do so.  AT LEAST the other operator is alerted to the fact that Randy is NOT
in a 5th call area state and PROBABLY not in Zone 4.  Same with me.

If Barry ( a GREAT) operator doesn't choose to sign /3 in contest...fine.
But I can't see why the consideration for other amateurs, shown by those who do
sign "portable" should be discounted.

73

Mike
W0YR/4