[RTTY] Sprint

Schulz Jonathan jonathan.schulz at siemens.com
Thu Oct 9 22:43:17 EDT 2003

the following details the exchange for cw & ssb with examples but should
make sense for RTTY also

http://n6tr.jzap.com/sprint.html

basically if I call cq

CQ DE K9JS BK

N6TR calls

DE N6TR BK

MY RESPONSE:

N6TR DE K9JS 23 JON IL BK

Note that I give his call then my call (both calls are required in the
exchange)

His  Response:

K9JS 14 TREE OR DE N6TR BK

Note: His call is given last (Indicating to waiting callers that he will
inherit the frequency) This is the important part as if aomeone is listening
on frequency that has already worked me but not Tree they will wait to drop
their call, if they have alreay worked Tree but not me they will keep tuning
as I will be leaving the frequency - though in the RTTY Sprint it is a bit
different as we can work multiple times as long as 3 Q's are in between
working

Hope this makes sense?

Any one wanting to join a SMC (not necessary to be in SMC area) team I am
trying to put together drop me an email

73
Jon
K9JS