[RTTY] NCJ Sprint exchange hints???

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt at panix.com
Sun Oct 12 15:50:42 EDT 2003

   ----- Original Message -----
   From: "W1NET" <W1NET at ARRL.NET>
   To: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll at juno.com>
   Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2003 18:15
   Subject: Re: [RTTY] NCJ Sprint exchange hints???

   > With current participation, you can't eliminate the
   > three qso dupe rule, or there would be nobody to work
   > after about 45 minutes <

    But I must agree with the orginal poster on what is accomplished
    by working the same people over and over again. S%P on the same US
    stations is not that interesting.

It depends on your goals.  I like to work new stations, but the Sprint
is about operating technique, and working the same stations over and
over allows honing those skills.  I'm a better op for being in the
sprints, I think.

    Maybe this rule keeps the numbers down?  Maybe increase the number of bands
    to include 10 and 15.  Allow for working on any of the bands and maybe have

I like the band limits.  It concentrates the operators.  I was just
sorry not to see more 80M activity, but with 40M going as well as it
was, I can understand the reluctance to move.  I spent time there that
was probably less productive than the same time on 40M or 20M, but my
point was to learn more about 80M.

    two sprint times...one that would favor US and one that would favor DX

Now, this I like.  Two operating periods would be good, I think.

    stations.  I offer these ideas only because I don't like to whine and not
    offer some other ideas.

And, there are always other contests, with different focuses.

73, doug