[RTTY] Off topic

Tom Osborne w7why at charter.net
Thu Oct 16 22:29:51 EDT 2003

This isn't about rtty, but Ithink it is pretty important.

Google has implemented a new feature wherein you can type someone's
telephone number into the search bar and hit enter and then you will
be given a map to their house. Think about it-if a child, single
person, ANYONE gives out his/her phone number, someone can actually
now look it up to find out where he/she lives. The safety issues are
obvious, and alarming.

This isn't a hoax.  I tried it and it works.  Type your phone number
in the search bar with parentheses and dashes like this: (555)555-1212
and hit enter.  You can click on the phone icon next to your number
and it will allow you to remove your number from the search.  If your
number is unlisted, it won't show up.  I promptly removed mine.  73
Tom W7WHY