[RTTY] JARTS LOG

Dick White ks0m at ktis.net
Mon Oct 20 17:44:49 EDT 2003

Propagation into Europe was very poor. The"Black Hole" of the Midwest was
fully operational. I had many "AGN" sent to me. Many 599 calls I heard never
heard me at all.  Oldest age = 81; Youngest age = 26, overall average = 55.
Many callers were off frequency. All six of the JA calls I worked had the
polar flutter and were hard to copy. Great to work ZL2AMI on 40 meters. My
W4TI Cabrillo Converter must have done everything correctly as my first
submission was accepted. It printed out the contest name, category, ARRL
section ok. When I printed out a copy, everything was in the proper order.
This was also the weekend for the Boy Scouts  JOTA. I had a Scout troop in
my shack Saturday afternoon and lost several hours in the contest. But, it
sure was worth missing the contest. I had a blast working with those young
boys . We got well acquainted with W6PTH in CA land. He had Cubs, Boy and
Girl Scouts. Great fun and I will invite them back next year.

Richard C. "Dick" White         ks0m at ktis.net
Fulton,  MO. 65251

    JARTS WW RTTY    18/19 October 2003

    Call used: KS0M           Age Sent:  77     POWER: 100w

    Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

    Band   QSOs   Pts  Dist    DX
    80         0          0      0       0
    40        42        89    16      3