[RTTY] Trouble getting FSK to work

K4SB k4sb at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 31 19:39:19 EST 2003

> I have also had problems with FSK and the right frequencies. Two possible errors:
> 1 does the set use the right tones, here I use 1275/1445, setupvariable in the TS850
> 2 is MMTTY using the same frequency?
> It doe not matter which frequency, as long as they are the same. In LSB I have listened to 600 Hertz and it sound nicer than 1275 or even 2125.
> 73 's Steve PA2A

With me, I don't have a choice. I am twice legally deaf above 1200
cycles. 82 db down from normal as a matter of fact. With the OMNI VI,
MTTY or FSK mode does a fantastic job
copying. But, I suspect the FSK tones are about 2105 or so below what
the LSB tones are.

Just have to find a QSO and ask them to let me walk my frequency to
where it matches I
guess. Either that, or go back to AFSK, and I don't want to do that
because the OMNI
will barely put out any power before the ALC starts blinking. In FSK,
you cannot overdrive it.

73
Ed