[RTTY] SCC Logging question

Schulz Jonathan jonathan.schulz at siemens.com
Tue Sep 2 12:50:27 EDT 2003

Hi RTTY Contesters,

In this past weekends SCC Contest 2 points were credited for working someone
not in your own call area. 1 Point for working stations in your own call
area

So I work a W9 who I know by working in the past is not in W9 Land, (and he
confirmed this when I asked him) but he refuses to sign /call area he really
is in and basically tells me to p*ss off.

Questions:

Do I log him with the /area he really is in to get my 2 points, at the risk
of having the contact dinged (and potential penalty QSO lost) as I didn't
copy the callsign as sent?

<OR>

Log it as I copied and hope the sponsors see the discrepancy between call
area sent and address supplied, and give everyone the proper point credit
anyway? Thinking that the claimed score in the Cabrillo file is ignored
anyway I assume that the sponsors rescore the logs when they are processed.

My initial inclination Saturday night was to log /area, but after thinking
about it I am leaning towards leaving it as logged (what I copied NOT what I
know to be true)

In the big picture the 1 point I may or may not get is not going to give me
a winning score, however I just want to play by the rules and wish others
would follow the rules as specified by the sponsors also.

Comments welcomed, flames accepted

73

Jon
K9JS

P.S. Those who use friend files please get latest and greatest versions so
you may say Hi JON, NOT Hi Jim, but ultimately thanks for the Q no matter
what you may call me ;-)