[RTTY] FW: [contestru] Fw: ALL UA9's will count for Asia in ALL CQ Contests!!!

VSH(RW4WZ) vsh at udm.net
Wed Sep 24 15:07:06 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Cox" <k3est at cal.net>
To: <uradio at chel.surnet.ru>
Cc: <n2aa at cqww.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 9:00 AM
Subject: CQ Contests

> Dear Willy,
>
> Please pass this message along to the Russian contesters.
>
> Dear Fellow Contesters,
> I am sorry for any confusion concerning certain parts of UA9. UA9W and
UA9S
> are in asiatic Russia as defined by the DXCC award. The CQ WW and other CQ
> contests have always followed the ARRL definitions for what
countries/calls
> are valid for DXCC.
>
> The above call areas of Russia will count as Asia in ALL CQ contests.
>
> Thanks and CU this fall,
>
> 73
>
> Bob, K3EST
> Director CQ WW contest
> Chief Director of all CQ Contests

Larry:

The certificates were an error made by us; these stations should have been
scored in Europe and listed there.  However, since many such stations insist
on sending z. 17 rather than z. 16 in their contest exchanges,  we do not
penalize others who work them in the contest if they record either  z. 17 or
z. 16 in their own logs.  I will fix the certificate problem for this year.

The rules for all three CQWW contests are essentially the same; the only
significant difference is the extra multipliers in the RTTY contest for U.S.
states and specified Canadian areas.

73, Glenn, W6OTC