[RTTY] Category trouble?

W0YR at aol.com W0YR at aol.com
Mon Sep 29 09:07:02 EDT 2003

Is anyone having trouble getting the CQ robot to accept single band entries?

The rules state there are no power subcategories for single band in the CQ WW
RTTY test.

However, since Cabrillo shows only High and Low power categories and since I
did run more than 100 w., I entered as Single Op 20M HIGH.  The robot kicked
my entry back saying I had to choose a proper category.  It even listed the
proper categories and Single OP 20M HIGH     IS   a category the robot listed.

Then, I edited the Cabrillo file to omit the power specification and submtted
that.  That, too was rejected by the robot and again, the robot said you have
to enter a proper category and it even listed them:   SINGLE OP 20M HIGH,
SINGLE OP 20M LOW AND SINGLE OP 20M QRP.

Is this a catch 22 --- It seems their just ain't no way to do this.

Either this, or I am as dumb as you think I am.

73

Mike
W0YR