[RTTY] K4WW SOAB(A)

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Mon Sep 29 22:28:44 EDT 2003

It's amazing how, as some described, mediocre band conditions change my
operating style! Nice to see 10 meters open for several hours on Sunday
morning! Personal best QSO count and score, hmmmmmm, I suppose they're
"directly related", in CQWW. Managed to work two "all time" new ones, YI and
V8, and having D4B call me on 80 meters, almost caused cardiac arrest!
Worked 28 "new" (never worked before on RTTY) US stations, and approximately
35 DX stations. The majority of these stations have obviously been doing
their homework, as very few didn't know/understand the correct exchange.
Thanks to KC4WQ for KY on 5 bands, and keeping me from not having to say
"anyone else not work KY"! I did notice several "terrible" signals, KP2D and
OZ8ABE the most prominent. Both stations were so wide, that I tried several
times to work their "spurs"! Well satisfied with my effort, after
all...highest QSO count ever, some sleep, and a few hours with kids and
grandkids on Sunday afternoon! It just doesn't get any better!
C'Ya, Shelby

Total: 1159  2677      174     222    85  Total Score = 1,287,637