LoTW WAS -> RE: [RTTY] Spring Break RTTY Sprint

Schulz Jonathan jonathan.schulz at siemens.com
Mon Apr 5 12:30:26 EDT 2004

On Mon 4/5/2004 11:03 AM Bill Turner, wrt at dslextreme.com wrote:

>It will be soon.

>I have stopped paper QSL's unless there is an SASE enclosed, and when I
>run out of my current supply of QSL's, I'll stop entirely.  In this era
>of the internet, paper QSL's are an anachronism.  Whoever thought up
>LoTW was right on track.

>--
>Bill, W6WRT
>QSLs via LoTW

Hi all

While I can understand the convenience of LoTW, (once you jump through the
initial hoops to get registered) and I do try to upload all my QSO's there
in a somewhat timely manner. I will always respond to a direct QSL request.
I hope the sentiment professed by Bill is not the majority. I remember
confirming my first QSO, my first DX, and working and confirming my Mom
(W9LAS,SK, she only got licensed to show my Dad and I she could do it too),
these and other cards will always be special to me. Imagine if Bill was my
first QSO today and I mistakenly sent him a QSL without a SASE? Gee what  a
disappointment it would be to never get the "first" QSO confirmed... Having
recently moved to a new QTH I am thinking about what changes I will make to
my new QSL card

I recently found my very first (paper) logs when I was first licensed at age
15 (1977) and I got a kick out of reading through the log entries. I was
even amazed to see I had participated in a SS contest in '78, I thought 2000
was the very first time I op'd it, the joys of forgetting...

73
Jon
K9JS
QSLs via anyway you want...