[RTTY] T33C RTTY

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Sun Apr 11 14:12:18 EDT 2004

Being a weekend-only warrior I got tired of waiting for T33C to come up
on RTTY, so I finally went and worked them on 20m PSK31.  If the
mountain does not come to Mohammed, Mohammed has to change camel and go
to the mountain.

He didn't even light up a single LED on the S-meter here (he'd worked 3
JA and one VK before I got through), but was 100% copy.  What a mode!

Funny thing is I had to reboot to an older operating system on my
shack's machine, since my homebrew PSK31 program has not been updated
for the current OS yet.  Shows how long it has been since I operated
PSK, HI.

Hey Garry: I heard that SSB op's comment to you after you gave him the
4 by 4 copy in California.  He was at best an S3 here at that point in
Oregon, but like a good boy I told him he was fav-nine :-).

So, is it just me or why are T33C signals much weaker compared to the
other Pacific DXpeditions?  Forgot to bring along vertical antennas?

Not T33C related: if y'all are trying to work ZL7II on RTTY, be aware
that his transmit frequency moves around after each QSO if his QSX also
moves.  Be nimble with that VFO-knob finger!

73
Chen, W7AY