[RTTY] FT-920

WI8W rtty at comcast.net
Mon Apr 12 15:19:12 EDT 2004

Nick,

Inrad makes a filter board that takes 2 of any kind of their filters for
the Yaesu.  I have 2 of these boards in my 920.  One carries 2 SSB
filters at 2.1 and 1.8 Khz.  The other carries the filters at 400 and
250 Hz for CW/RTTY. There is a pair of switches on a plate I mounted
under the Main tuning knob that switches the filters.  In one position
just one filter is selected and in the other both are cascaded together.

This is not a very cheap way to go as I spent almost as much for the
filters and boards as I did for the radio.

This is a very slick installation that makes this radio one of the best
for RTTY in my opinion.

73

Thom WI8W