[RTTY] A repository of (poor) RTTY recordings?

Ekki Plicht ep at plicht.de
Tue Apr 20 17:09:08 EDT 2004

Am Di April 20 2004 22:53 schrieb Kok Chen:
> It is perhaps useful for the RTTY community to have available a
> "standard" collection of digitized sound files of various RTTY signals.

Good idea.

[snip]

> Anyone willing to host such sound files on their web site?   Equally,
> are people willing to contribute some sound files?

Sure, I still have plenty of space left on my domain. I don't have sound files
(yet), but will try to gather some.

FWIW, a while ago I compared MMTTY against the PTC2 pactor controller by SCS.
MMTTY was in most cases better than the PTC2 in decoding fluttery polar
signals. Hard to swallow when you think about spending 800+ Euro for that
PTC2, which has quite substantial DSP power. But I guess the developers of
the PTC focus on Pactor, the RTTY part of the software hasn't been touched in
years.
And MMTTY is also better than the RTTY decoder built into the IC-756Pro (not
2). Even more expensive, but then I didn't buy it to decode RTTY...

73,
Ekki, DF4OR