[RTTY] SP RTTY CONTEST Sense of Humor

DieselCar at aol.com DieselCar at aol.com
Tue Apr 27 03:04:49 EDT 2004

Hello,

The band was not in the best of shape.  It was a bit ruff logging 414 QSO in
my 15 hours of having fun.  I was only able to log 19 on 80 meters. Of those
19,  13 were Europeans.  While on S & P on said band,  I tuned to "SP TEST ONLY
EU DE K6***".  I called just in case he/her had the wrong buffer.  But said
station responded wid 3 lines of "SP TEST ONLY EU".   There was two other
stateside who called and same response occurred.  I got my biggest chuckle during
the contest.  The Contest rules indicate that the Contest Call is "CQ SP RVG
TEST".  However, one sees other than indicated. I am also one of those culprits
who use other than indicated. That is, I dropped the RVG.

Thanks to contest sponsors and all participants.

ue RICK W4UEF ex WB2UEF/4