[RTTY] YV0D comments

Mike Mellinger WA0SXV wa0sxv at mellinger.com
Wed Aug 4 21:02:57 EDT 2004

I heard you work them on RTTY.  Congrats!  I got them (of all things) on 20
SSB so no sour grapes from me.

I know how to find the transmitting station and I know that split was
virtually guaranteed.  Duh!

My comments were focused on the fact that not everyone "gets it" and
therefore those of us who knew what was going on had to work around those
who were obviously clueless.  I *never* heard YV0D RTTY say UP at all -- but
I was only hearing them last night.  But if they had done so, at least some
portion of the uninitiated would have transmitted up and we'd at least only
have to deal with the occasional mistake of not hitting the SPLIT button.
Been there, done that.

As for the deliberate QRM and mayhem on 30m, that is another story -- very
sad.  I could hear them over the "dah" guy but after an hour or so just
couldn't get up the energy to continue.

73,
Mike WA0SXV