[RTTY] Re: Aves Island Location & Weather

Thomas Giella KN4LF kn4lf at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Aug 5 10:18:45 EDT 2004

Hurricane Andrew passed 100's of miles north of Aves Island so didn't take out the tower mentioned. When I first heard about a DX-pedition to that spit of sand called Aves Island during the hurricane season I thought it a bad idea and poor planning.

BTW I worked them on RTTY and PSK31 and thought the rude behavior in the pile ups was a travesty, especially on phone and CW. I'm to the point that I don't want to tune my VFO anywhere near a DX-pedition.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA
Grid Square EL87WX