[RTTY] Grid Dip News....

MRBILL1953 at aol.com MRBILL1953 at aol.com
Wed Aug 11 18:03:53 EDT 2004

Greetings:

I sure hope all of you survived the last running of the Four Seasons "Grid
Dip" Contest, sponsred by TARA. I know I was in the contest and I had a lot of
fun. I think the real highlight was working Duncan, ZL1JT, on 20 Meters PSK.
Also, it was great to see KK5OQ, Charles in the RTTY portion of the contest
working the old "Green Key's" over. It was great to see a few more familar
calls  in the RTTY portion but we are way off what we are really hoping for. On
the PSK  side of things I was a little taken back that I saw nobody trying
PSK63. Maybe I  was just not looking at the right time or the right place. I
really hope in  coming year's we can improve on that.

As all of you might know this contest is still very new. We have a lot of
growing to do before it meets some of the other contest's we sponsor but
everything comes within time I guess. I am asking ALL of you to please help us  out.
I know we received a number of nice remarks on the job that Ernie Mills,
WM2U and Tony, F3FX, did with this contest but we need to hear more. If you know
of something that we're not addressing, let us know! If you can think of
something you think would help us get the word out, let us know! I can't
gaurantee that we can take everyone's suggestion and put them in place,  but I can
guarantee that we'll look and listen the best we can.

One of the very best things you could do right now is submit that score if
you participated. No score is too little! Each year or each contest I make this
 plea and I'm very thankful for the response I get. The more participants we
show the better chance we have of getting others to join in. All of you "Big
Gun's" we need you too. I know that the QSO rates aren't as exciting as
working  the ARRL RTTY Roundup but remember that this was just the second running.
Please, go to our website at _http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_seasons.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_seasons.html)  and  checkout the complete
schedule of contests that we now sponsor. I think once you  look at the
different contest's you'll quickly see why we want to be your "All  Seasons"
contesting program.  Come on...give us a try!

Why you're on our website look at our "NEW" Awards Program that Ernie  Mills,
WM2U, established. We have some of the sharpest looking awards but you're
going to have to work real hard for them! As an extra bonus they cost you
NOTHING! Well, nothing accept the postage in sending in your request. For the  next
year TARA has agreed to pick up the tab on the certificates/endorsements  and
shipping too! Go check them out at:
_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_awards.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_awards.html)

One final mention if I may. I want to thank eeach and everyone of you for
your continued support of TARA. It really is so hard to believe that this little
 club in Troy, New York has so many faithful supporters from around the
world.  Also, I need to thank Ernie Mills, WM2U and Tony, F3FX, for always being
there  to support these contests. I can't begin to even tell you the amount of
time  Ernie puts into these programs but I sure hope you folks will let them
know how  much you appreciate their effords.

Ernie Mills, WM2U at _wm2u at n2ty.org_ (mailto:wm2u at n2ty.org)
Tony Heatwole, N3FX at _grid-manager at n2ty.org_ (mailto:grid-manager at n2ty.org)

Thank You!
Bill Eddy - NY2U