[RTTY] Re: AFSK/FSK etc

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Thu Aug 12 18:15:41 EDT 2004

"Kok Chen" <chen at mac.com> wrote: "The problem stems more and more from
computer consumers who willy nilly  download some software and just because
they can get the other side to  print what they type by clicking on some
icons on the computer display, assume that everything is under control (as
in "the control op knows
what he is doing")."

WOW...seems a bit harsh? The button on my TS-870 says FSK, so it must be
sending FSK? I consider myself a complete "appliance operator", and I can
live with that! I also depend on "those on the other end of my
transmissions" to advise me if/when something is wrong? I've been chastised
several times for posting "incorrect frequency" RTTY spots, but I've waited,
after posting them, and the masses always seem to find the spotted station!
I fail to see what difference it makes where the station(s) are, as long as
I can print them?

C'Ya, Shelby