[RTTY] A Nice Surprise TU WAE RTTY

Larry L Lindblom llindblom at juno.com
Sun Aug 15 11:45:35 EDT 2004

I again wound up in the hospital this week (on Wednesday) and was
released Saturday afternoon.  Upon returning home I found an interesting
looking light brown envelope in the mail.  It turned out to be the 2003
WAE RTTY contest results brochure along with a certificate for 1st place
in the 10th call area of the US.  This was somewhat of a surprise as I
did not work WAE RTTY seriously and only operated around 15 hours of the
event.  It is a very attractive multi colored certificate that I most
definitely appreciate, especially in view of when I received it.  My
sincere thanks to the contest organizers and manager for my welcome home
envelope.

As to the Hospitalization it was for blood in the stool.  After a
colonoscopy and various other tests they found a few old previously
undiagnosed problems, but no real case for the bleeding.  All the doctors
could say was "it is not related to your other problems and might have
been a fluke that will not reoccur".