[RTTY] Is AM Radio Harmful?

Thomas Giella KN4LF kn4lf at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Aug 18 16:48:34 EDT 2004

I strongly doubt that non ionizing RF radiation below microwave frequencies poses an increased danger for cancer, especially at HF frequencies and lower. Now cellphone frequencies at 900 mc I think it is might be another issue, especially as much as many people yack on them endlessly.

Sad thing about it though is that in our society the legal profession is out of control and are successfully suing for all kinds of B.S. stuff. So in a civil court of law where the burden of proof is less anything is possible.

For quite a number of years I've wondered when the legal profession would begin chasing the RF exposure thing. One thing for sure if you think it's hard to put up an antenna now wait until something like this catches on. We hams would be out of business ASAP.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA
Grid Square EL87WX