[RTTY] sad tale

Dick White whiter26 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 23 21:02:24 EDT 2004

Thanks for all the replies. The prize goes to Chen, W7AY and Ron, K0IDT for
figuring out what was wrong with my signal receive during the SARTG contest.
. I took the Paragon manual and went through all the settings. Boy, is my
face very red. When I got to the passband setting, it was way off. I reset
it and everything is working fine now.
It was quite an experience trying to work a RTTY contest with no filters. I
was so frustrated Saturday that I did not think to check all the rig
settings. Another one of life's lessons learned the hard way.

The 81 I shot this morning was my best score this year. Shame on Shelby for
asking what I shot on the back 9. ( it was a 40 on the back 9 Shelby).
Also, Jims comment about getting the score off the cluster did not dampen my
excitement. Anytime a 78 year old can shoot an 81 for 18 holes he should and
will brag about it. Just wait until I break 80.

I have yet to hear from anyone who has a IC-7800. I have a friend that just
got his and needs help in setting it up. If anyone can help, please let me
know and I will put them in contact with W0BYH.

See you in the CQWW. And please, tell me if I have a bad signal as I would
appreciate knowing so I can clean it up.

73....Dick

Richard C. "Dick" White        whiter26 at sbcglobal.net
Fulton,  MO. 65251

Amateur Radio Station - KS0M   (ex WB0WLX / KC0MY )
ARRL  Honor Roll / CW  -  5BDXCC / CW  #3295
Life Member American Radio Relay League