[RTTY] Fw: ARLB025 ARRL seeks comment on draft "Bandwidth" petition

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at ispwest.com
Wed Aug 25 21:13:33 EDT 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:48:15 -0500, Don Hill AA5AU wrote:

>I read this as a good thing.  Anyone else?
>
>Don AA5AU

I like it too.  One small problem is we would no longer be able to use
conventional RTTY in the JA RTTY segment on 80 (3520-3525).  Not a big deal, we
could work them using a wide split, but something to consider.  One alternative
would be to try using narrower shifts on RTTY, perhaps on the order of 50 Hz or
so.  There are some technical reasons why this is not a good idea, but perhaps
they can be overcome.

Well worth reading, everyone!!

--
Bill, W6WRT