[RTTY] Fw: ARLB025 ARRL seeks comment on draft "Bandwidth" petition

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Wed Aug 25 22:16:00 EDT 2004

On Aug 25, 2004, at 6:13 PM, Bill Turner wrote:

> One alternative
> would be to try using narrower shifts on RTTY, perhaps on the order of
> 50 Hz or
> so.  There are some technical reasons why this is not a good idea, but
> perhaps
> they can be overcome.

That had occurred to me, too.

But what do we do with people who are running FSK rigs?  Not all TU and
TNCs can change shifts just like that either.

Selective fading signals could be harder to copy too, with the narrower
shift.

And, we can just about forget about running the High Speed RTTY
contest, unless people want to do that in the 3 kHz segments.

73
Chen, W7AY