[RTTY] Mark V power level

Reid Hill kc5ykx at swbell.net
Thu Aug 26 09:49:57 EDT 2004

I will have to agree with Dirk on this. The first
thing that came to my mind was the power consumption
of the finals even at idle. This is not your regular
13.5vdc powered finals. I also got my MKV in June
2002.

I run my MKV at 150 watts (FSK) in all contest that
allow it. Sometimes CQing to an empty band but CQing
non the less and have not had an overheat yet. I do
however set the auto CQ at a pretty good space to
allow more off time on the finals. The heat sink is
hot but it is doing its job.

I will also agree that the fan is noisy but it doesn't
really bother me with the headset on and the diddles
turned up.

Reid
KC5YKX