[RTTY] RTTY power levels

DJ3IW Goetz dj3iw at t-online.de
Thu Aug 26 06:48:46 EDT 2004

Hi Jim,

I assume your MkV is a "Field". I have the original MP and have been
running it in RTTY contests for years set to approx. 75W out. Yes, the
fan comes on quite soon and stays on most of the time but that's not
a problem (except for the noise). For the last two month I have used
the MP with my new ACOM 1000 amp and had to lower the MPs output to
abt 50W (close to your 40). The fan comes on and stays on like with
the 75W level.
So nothing to worry. If your MP is the 200W MkV then things might be
different.

73 de Goetz
dj3iw at t-online.de