[RTTY] W0ETC SCC RTTY Championship

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Sun Aug 29 13:09:11 EDT 2004

At 15:47 8/29/04, Larry L Lindblom wrote:
>                     SCC RTTY Championship
>
>Call: W0ETC...
>A few hours of playing arond between other weekend activities.  I like
>the
>exchange in this contest because it lets me know who the Newbies and old
>timers
>in ham radio really are.

But so many of us have changed callsigns in recent years you can't always
go by the exchange year. The callsign I am using was issued in '96 with the
vanity upgrades, so I properly reported 1996, although my original callsign
was issued in 1951.

That said, I noticed that some of the guys with recent-style calls were
obviously reporting their original license issue year, not the current
callsign issue year as (apparently) required by the rules at:
http://lea.hamradio.si/~scc/rtty/htmlrules.htm

You were good copy here in SC. Thanks for the Qs on 40 and 20.

Jerry W4UK (1996) ex W4UKU (1951)