[RTTY] Kenwood TS-850, soundcard interface & FSK

David Hachadorian K6LL at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 7 14:32:14 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <Vtnn43e at aol.com>
To: <rtty at contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 11:43 AM
Subject: [RTTY] Kenwood TS-850, soundcard interface &
FSK

> Is anyone out there using a TS-850 and a soundcard
> interface for FSK? I would like to get on RTTY but am
> confused as to how to hook up everything together.
>
> As near as I can tell all I have to do is use the
> following on the ACC2 13 pin Din plug; pin 3 fixed
> audio and pin 4 audio ground for audio to the
> interface. On the back of the rig there is a RCA
> connector for FSK in. Can I just use that and the
> fixed audio from the ACC2 plug?

You also need PTT from the rigblaster to the 13 pin
DIN, or to the front panel mic connector (works in all
modes). Some software (e.g. Writelog) can send a PTT
command over the rs-232 line, so PTT is not needed in
those cases.

I hate that little 13 pin DIN, so I take audio from the
speaker jack, and use rs-232 command PTT.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ