[RTTY] RTTY-DXCC Most Wanted?

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 9 19:45:00 EST 2004

Tim et al,

The only Most Wanted RTTY list I know of is the one I published two years ago
and can be found at:

http://www.aa5au.com/rttysurvey_results.html

The problem with doing the survey is that it is a time consuming chore when done
manually.  The last time I did it, I used a WEB form to collect the results from
each participant and then had to do manual data entry into an Excel spreadsheet.
I know all this can be done semi-automatically through some sort of web-based
creativity, but I've not found the time or energy to do it.  I'd love to but I'm
simply swamped here in the swamps.

I don't believe a survey of this type should ever be done with automatic results
because of the human error element or the potential for anyone to distort the
results through malicious entry.  So it has to be monitored and some manual
process would be involved.

Maybe one of you savvy webmasters who have the time can do it.  I'd be happy to
host it on my website if someone could write it and doesn't have access to a
site.  There really isn't any reason it can't be done using Microsoft FrontPage
with a web server using FrontPage extensions.  It's been on my list of things to
do but so far down on the priority list, I'm afraid it just might not get done.

It should be.  As a whole, the RTTY community has exploded in a positive way in
the last several years and an updated Most Needed list should be part of our
progression.

Thoughts welcome.

73, Don AA5AU