[RTTY] OT - FCC and the F word

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Thu Dec 16 07:51:18 EST 2004

This is OT and sorta political, so I apologize to those that take issue with
my post here.  Well, on second thought, no I don't.

I just received an email related to FCC chairman Michael Powell asking that
no action be taken against the ABC stations that aired over 20 uses of the
"f" word and 12 "s" words during Saving Private Ryan.  I guess if the FCC
chairman approves of TV's language, there's not much hope of cleaning up the
ham bands.

If you're interested in this subject, see
http://capwiz.com/afanet/issues/alert/?alertid=6755986&type=ML

RTTY has been called the Gentleman's Band  - Hope it continues to earn that
reputation!  73 - John, WA9ALS