[RTTY] OKDX RTTY - GU0SUP SOABLP

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Sun Dec 19 06:33:49 EST 2004

Hi all,

First of all, the claimed score:

CALL USED  -  GU0SUP
Zone  14

Class A) Single Operator all bands Low Power

BAND	         QSOs	Points	DXCC	OK stns
80	            40	120	  19	   10
40	            56	183	  24	   9
20	            88	109	  33	   16
15	            28	43	  12	   0
10	             0	0	  0	   0

TOTALS	212	455       88         35

Claimed score =  455 X  (88 + 35)  =  55965 points

I didn't check the rules until Friday afternoon, and then spotted that the
calculation for the final score had changed, and then I worked out that
Writelog wouldn't score it correctly.
Fortunately, it isn't a difficult calculation, and all you need to change is
the claimed score line in the RTF file.
It will be interesting to see how many posted scores use the old method!

Propagation wasn't that good on the high bands, but as the lower bands reap
more points, I guess that was where most activity was anyway.
I was a but surprised to find Mike K4GMH on 40m about an hour after our
sunrise, and with a good signal too!
I did see Mike VK6HD working S&P on 80m during our evening, and with quite a
good signal.
had a few problems with stray RF on 80m, as it kept freezing the bandmap,
which meant restarting WL if I changed bands.

I had some fun at this festive time of year, and thanks to all for the
points.

73 for now, and seasons greetings to all.
Phil GU0SUP