[RTTY] W0ETC OK RTTY

George Johnson w1zt at comcast.net
Sun Dec 19 18:24:15 EST 2004

OK Larry,
Once again you piqued my interest so I did some "research".  I am hoping to
catch up with you in Dayton this year but I sure hope you know more about
this stuff than what I found...

 From
http://www.davethefox.com/words/0112lutefisk.htm

It happens every year at this time; thousands of people choke down an
infamous concoction called lutefisk. What people in America don't know is
that most Norwegians came to their senses decades ago and quit eating the
stuff.

Lofoten Islands, Norway: Thousands of deceased cod sway in the breeze from
drying racks. After this bizarre hazing ritual, they will become lutefisk.

To make lutefisk, catch yourself a cod. Take out the bones, skin it, salt
it, and hang it out to dry for several weeks until it hardens and smells
like a dumpster. Then, bring it inside and soak it in lye for several days.

Happy Holidays to all,
George .. W1ZT