[RTTY] RTTY on-air clinic?

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Mon Dec 20 21:48:34 EST 2004

From: "Jerry Flanders"

Subject: RE: [RTTY] RTTY on-air clinic?

One of the best things I've found to check your signal is to have another
receiver handy to listen to what you are sending.

When I first used the sound card and the interface, I thought I was doing OK
till someone told me that I had a crummy signal.  I had a fellow across town
tune me in and let me listen over the phone and it DID sound crummy.  I was
able to clean it up and it works fine now.  I finally broke down and bought
an old TS-430 to use as a second radio and a monitor.  Sure made me feel a
lot better to be able to monitor my own signal.  Even tried SO2R with it
(but I guess that is a different subject).

73

Tom W7WHY