[RTTY] Andaman Island hit by 8.5 earthquake and Tidal Waves

WB2RHM - Ben Antanaitis WB2RHM at ARRL.net
Sun Dec 26 11:50:48 EST 2004

It is with great concern that I pass this on to my fellow RTTYers:

From: Google Alerts [mailto:googlealerts-noreply at google.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2004 10:03 AM
To: WB2RHM at ARRL.net
Subject: Google Alert - ANDAMAN

Google Alert for: ANDAMAN
20 killed, over 100 inujured in Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Hindustan Times - New Delhi,India
At least 20 persons were killed and over 100 injured in the Andaman and
Nicobar Islands, after it was hit by a powerful earthquake followed by tidal
waves on ...
See all stories on this topic

20 killed in Andaman islands
Chennai Online - India
Port Blair, Dec 26: At least 20 persons were killed and over 100 injured in
the Andaman and Nicobar Islands after it was hit by a powerful earthquake
followed ...
See all stories on this topic

Naval warships leave for Lanka; IAF sends relief to Andaman
Rediff - Mumbai,India
... Meanwhile, the Indian Air Force has despatched three AN-32 transport
aircraft carrying relief and medical supplies to Andaman and Nicobar group
of Islands ...
See all stories on this topic

Quake hits Andaman-Nicobar islands
Economic Times - New Delhi,India
PORTBLAIR: Panic stricken citizens of this island city ran out of their
houses as the entire Andaman and Nicobar Islands were jolted this morning by
an ...
See all stories on this topic

IAF to the rescue of Andaman Islands
Chennai Online - India
... 32 aircraft today flew from Chennai and Bangalore airports carrying
emergency and medical supplies for earthquake and tidal wave-affected
Andaman and Nicobar ...

SEEDS Appeal : Rapid Assessment and Immediate Relief to Tsunami ...
Reuters AlertNet - London,England,UK
... This was followed by a series of over ten earthquakes with magnitude
above 5 in the Sumatra, Andaman and Nicobar regions of the Indian Ocean. ...
See all stories on this topic

Tsunami kills 10 in Burma
Sydney Morning Herald (subscription) - Sydney,New South Wales,Australia
The tsunami which drove through the Andaman Sea yesterday destroyed a bridge
in south-east Burma and killed 10 people, and a number of fishing trawlers
were ...

Patil to visit AP, TN; Aiyar, Maran to visit TN:
New Kerala - Ernakulam,Kerala,India
[India News]: New Delhi, Dec 26 : Home Minister Shivraj Patil will be
undertaking a tour of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Andaman and Nicobar
Islands hit by ...
See all stories on this topic

250 dead in TN, Andhra due to quake:
New Kerala - Ernakulam,Kerala,India
... the quake struck at around 8.00 am off the coast of Aceh province on the
northern Indonesian island of Sumatra and swung north into the Andaman
Islands in the ...

Asian quake 5th largest since 1900
Reuters - UK
... quake struck at 7.59 am off the coast of Aceh province on the northern
Indonesian island of Sumatra and appeared to swing north into the Andaman
islands in the ...
See all stories on this topic

  This as it happens Google Alert is brought to you by Google.

There has been no word from the DXpedition as far as I know.  Please keep
our fellow hams and all the other people in the area in your thoughts.

73,
Ben Antanaitis
WB2RHM