[RTTY] FSK ICOM Pro 2 Frequency

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Wed Dec 29 08:57:56 EST 2004

Bob VanFossen said:
> I am using an ICOM 756 Pro 2 and FSK.  Can anyone tell me if the
> indicated
> frequency is the mark or space freq,

MARK!  You should spot using this frequency.  If others are also using
the actual mark freq, you should find most spots where you see them
spotted.  Unfortunately, some are spotting using all sorts of
incantations of their dial readout, especially if they are running
AFSK.  To complicate matters, several major rig lines have various
options for "correcting" dial display, so you can find about anything
out there.  You will be "correct" though using ICOMs in FSK mode.