[RTTY] QUESTION & ANSWER

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at ispwest.com
Fri Dec 31 12:52:52 EST 2004

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 10:01:30 -0500, Tom Homewood wrote:

>Adding the base to emitter resistor helped me solve some hang up problems
>when going from transmit to receive

Adding the base to emitter resistor simply creates a 2:1 voltage
divider which reduces the strength of the keying signal and any RF or
other interference which may be affecting the transistor.

If you are content to leave the circuit that way, ok, but what ever
caused the problem is still there and may come back to bite you if
something else in your shack changes.  Personally, I'd track it down
and filter it out.  I suspect stray RF and if so, a small capacitor
from base to emitter should be a better solution.

--
Bill, W6WRT