[RTTY] getting back on ritty

Bill Turner wrt at dslextreme.com
Thu Feb 5 08:11:20 EST 2004

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:22:41 -0800, JIm wrote:

>I am just getting back on RITTY after being off the air for the last 5
>years. Looks like a lot has changed with most every one running sound
>cards. I am on with a old pk232mbx  and I spent $$$$ for pkTerm (lots of
>bugs) . The rig is a ts950s I would like to run FSK. So what's the best
>way to go using a sound card (software, interface, or what every)

Download MMTTY; it's free and does an excellent job.  You'll find it's
better in fact than your PK232MBX at decoding the weak ones.  You can
either build your own interface cables or buy something like a
RigBlaster.  Details are in the help files.  Getting the com ports
configured correctly is not easy, but is doable given some patience.
Lots of help available on the reflector.

Windows only, though.  No DOS, Mac or Linux.

http://www.qsl.net/mmhamsoft/mmtty/

--
Bill, W6WRT