[RTTY] Scam

w4gkm at juno.com w4gkm at juno.com
Sun Feb 8 00:21:26 EST 2004

I've had so many replies about this "snap.trade.com" website.  As I thought, it was a SCAM!  I want to thank each and every one that responded with info on what is nothing more than a bunch of crooks trying to prey on people bidding on equipment or other things on ebay.

What they do is get your email from ebay when you bid and tell you that they have a similiar item and will sell it to you at a very low price.  It is tempting, but having lost some money in a coal mining scheme when I was quite young, it taught me a very painful lesson.

This scam was to sell me three (3) new FT-1000 MP -IV's shipped to my address for $1400.00.

So be alert everyone it is snap.trade.com

Here is what Barry  W2UP found out about them:

Here's domain registration info on snap-trade.com:
Domain Name.......... snap-trade.com
Creation Date........ 2003-12-14
Registration Date.... 2003-12-14
Expiry Date.......... 2005-12-14
Organisation Name.... Snap Trade Ltd.
Organisation Address. 2904 Horseshoe Lake Road
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. West Branch
Organisation Address. 48661
Organisation Address. Michigan
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Janet L. Dean
Admin Address........ 2904 Horseshoe Lake Road
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ West Branch
Admin Address........ 48661
Admin Address........ Michigan
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... deinregistrare at yahoo.com
Admin Phone.......... +1.9893451735
Admin Fax............ +1.9893451736

According to the snap-trade.com web site, they are a large compnay in
the UK. So why is it registered in Michigan?!

PAST IT ON!