[RTTY] FMRE - GU0SUP SOAB

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Sun Feb 8 18:17:12 EST 2004

Hi all,

Well, that was better than expected, despite the poor start.
Had some fun today, especially when Dean 8P6SH moved me from 10 to 15 and
then to 20, and even Don AA5AU moved me up a band.
I had to avoid 20m today, as I had GU4HCY on that band with 400 watts on CW,
which wiped that band for me.

Saw some very poor operating techniques, such as trying to call me when I
was exchanging a report with someone else, and it usually wasn't my
frequency either. Also a lot of deliberate QRM on 40 and 80.

Some nice openings to W6/W7 on 15, and a treat for me was to work Mark N7MQ.
Also nice to see that JA's on 15m this morning, and even 10m was open in
bursts!
Many new calls to RTTY too.

I was aiming for 300 QSO's or 100k points, but managed both, which was
pleasing.

Anyway, here is what I managed:

            QSOs Points DX: State
80m:       28       84    17     0
40m:       49      147   26     0
20m:       89      266   33     0
15m:      109      328   33     2
10m:        28       84    10     1
Total:    303     909   119    3

Total multipliers: 122
Score:  110898
Station Description: IC756Pro running about 70 watts
Antenna(s): MQ1 mini-beam, plus 40/80 trapped inverted L

Thanks to all for the QSO's, and the log will be uploaded to LoTW soon.

Very best 73 for now
Phil GU0SUP