[RTTY] re propagation during XE test

f6irf at free.fr f6irf at free.fr
Thu Feb 12 10:45:46 EST 2004

Phil, Dirk
Being further east I did not even try the high bands on saturday. With the low
SSN,  even the 20m band is dying at sunset (1630z here).
But there is another factor than may explain it: Even if we can hear W stations
for a few hours after sunset, I noticed in many tests that it is always
difficult for us in EU to contact them, simply because they have strong "in-
country" signals, and high local activity (especialy if it is contest start).
The same applies here on 20m at their sunrise, when the band is full of very
strong signals from other EU stations.

By the way hope to be QRV saturday to sunday night on 40 from FG (if I manage
to install the vertical before the night), but don't expect a big signal into
EU, as I will be on the west-coast of the volcanic island of  "basse terre", so
I guess with a poor take-off to EU... On the other hand, being close to the
beach, it should be good for states...

See you on the bands
Patrick - F6IRF

PS: as for home QSO's, I will confirm 100% through LOTW within 48h (already got
the certificate for FG/F6IRF).