[RTTY] WPX 2004 DK3VN SOAL

Waldemar DK3VN dk3vn at nexgo.de
Mon Feb 16 14:22:31 EST 2004

Hi,

oh boy, as expected, the average propagation is running down hill.
On 40+80m I made about >60% of all my QSO's. The 10m band was open
for a short time on Saturday. The only station I have worked on
all 5 bands was: KM4M. After 30h operating time I had 732 Q's
and a raw score of >760,000 (LP!). Not bad for little Waldemar,
but I need a better antenna for 80+40m. My Windom is on one side
10m and on the other side 5m over the ground only! :-(

You gus in the USA are lucky. The subband on 80m ist 33% and on
40m 100% larger than in Europe. Sorry for the EU-SSB guys on
80+40m, that so many other EU-RTTY guys have used parts of your
SSB subband for the WPX RTTY. ;-)

It seems to me, Phil-GU0SUP (worked him on 80m) receives some
competition? ~:) GU8FBO called me on 80m on Sunday evening.
Many thanks to both, for the contacts and the Mult's.

See you in the Makrothen RTTY Contest in three weeks!
BTW: DL4RCK and OK2GI have updated their software and are
supporting the Makrothen fully! Thank's!!!

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
--
The Makrothen Contest: 06-Mar-2004! Check the rules on the RWRL Site!
Check RWRL  on http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch
RWRL Mirror on http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn   mailto:dk3vn at darc.de
German DX Foundation #207  http://www.gdxf.de
Big antennas, high in the sky, are better than small ones, low!