[RTTY] Help to set-up FT1000MP with G3LIV interface and SB1024

Paul Brice-Stevens paul at g0wat.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 20:11:59 EST 2004

Hi John...

As I am still very tip toeing around the edges of RTTY I am afraid I
have no idea whether MMTTY is set up for AFSK or not?...I have now
determined that my interface only supports AFSK and this appears to work
with the Packet input on the 1000MP...Does anyone have any suggestions
for either a cheap FSK commercial interface or a fairly simple homebrew
one?

73 de Paul G0WAT

In message <001d01c3f3fe$dddf0850$a7814094 at wa9als>, WA9ALS - John
<ham_reflectors at wa9als.com> writes
>> Using WL with MTTY decoder
>> Through G3LIV Isoterm interface into the Packet port of FT1KMP
>> Receive and decode through Creative Labs SB1024 5.1 Digital
>>
>> It appears to receive OK but when I kick it into transmit I just get a
>> long tone...no diddle as it were?...the radio puts out power (checked
>> into dummy load through PWR meter) however I do not appear to be getting
>> RTTY out of the other end as it were?
>
>We need to know how you have MMTTY set.  You're wired for AFSK RTTY - Is
>that how MMTTY's setup?

Paul Brice-Stevens