[RTTY] Dayton

Jim McDonald n7us at arrl.net
Sun Feb 22 17:54:53 EST 2004

Do the RTTY ops spend all of their time at the RTTY hotel (the Ramada)?
With one exception, every time I've gone to Dayton I've stayed at the Crown
Plaza downtown, the hotel the contesters and DXers patronize.  That's the
location of the big DX and contest dinners and socials that extend late into
the night (not so late for me!).

I'd like to meet the RTTY ops as well as see old (aren't we all?) friends at
the Crown Plaza.  I'd be willing to skip either the DX banquet Friday night
or the contest one Saturday night if there's something planned at the RTTY
hotel.  Or do the RTTY ops make the trip downtown one of those nights?

As a DXer and sometimes contester who feels very comfortable with RTTY as
the next phase of my ham radio life, I'd like to have my cake and eat it
too!  Would someone enlighten me please?

Jim N7US