[RTTY] RTTY Growth

Waldemar DK3VN dk3vn at nexgo.de
Mon Feb 23 23:03:21 EST 2004

Kok Chen wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2004, at 7:57 AM, Bill Turner wrote:
> > Sure there will.  Where else would you go to look up the spelling of
> > "libraries"?  :-)
>
> The last time that I stepped foot into a real library building must
> have been a decade ago.  Just about the time Tim Berners-Lee at CERN
> came up with the World Wide Web, HI HI.
>
> 73
> Chen, W7AY

Hi Chen,

hmmm .. glad to read that you know, who knows, were the WWW was
developed! ~:)

But that was not one, it was about two decades ago, when the people
at CERN came up with the WWW in Europe! We at the company "Siemens"
are using the Web Concept since the early eighties! To be correct,
it was "Nixdorf", later bought by Siemens. ~:)

BTW: Siemens has nearly 400.000 employees worldwide and is one the
biggest none-US companies in the States, speaking about the number
of employees: 90.000. One of the most unknown companies in the States!

All the best and ..

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
--
The Makrothen Contest: 06-Mar-2004! Check the rules on the RWRL Site!
Check RWRL  on http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch
RWRL Mirror on http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn   mailto:dk3vn at darc.de
German DX Foundation #207  http://www.gdxf.de
Big antennas, high in the sky, are better than small ones, low!