[RTTY] TARA 2003 Melee Winners....Please Review At Once!

MRBILL1953 at aol.com MRBILL1953 at aol.com
Sat Jan 3 20:33:27 EST 2004

Greetings:

First off I want to wish all of you a Happy & Healthy New Year!

Now for the rest of the story. Below you will see the results from
this year's TARA RTTY Melee. We had another fantastic year with
this contest and the results were better than ever. I believe Don,
AA5AU, reported a large number of new calls in this year's contest,
something like 70 or better. So, make sure you update your files.

I ask each of you to please review the list below and please make
sure we have the results correct before we issue the certificates.
If you see any errors you can send that information to melee-manager at n2ty.org
and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

You will see I had a request for G4EMT to submit the additional
members on his Multi Op team. To date (1/3/2004) I have received nothing.
No certificate will be issued until we get this additional information.

Please go to http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_melee_results_2003.html
for a complete list of everyone that submitted a log entry. Again, if
any of you see any errors/additions that need to be made they must be
submitted by 24:00UTC Tuesday - January 6, 2004. Send all corrections
to melee-manager at n2ty.org  as soon as possible!

In closing I want to thank a few folks here. First of all I need to thank
Ernie Mills, WM2U,
for all the hours he contributed to the Melee and ALL of the contests that
our club sponsors. I'm sure all of you have noticed that the score postings have
been updated daily this year, unlike when I was the one doing it. :-) And
unless we have a major global postal strike you'll even have your certificates
before November. I don't think that has happened before either. This Ernie guy
is making me look bad!

Next, I need to thank ALL of you that contributed your suggestions over the
year's that we have sponsored this event. I've always tried to keep you folks
well informed to any of the changes we were planning and this year was no
different. When I first thought of changing the Rules & Regulations for the Melee I
ran everything by three very knowledgeable RTTY Ops AA5AU, WM2U & K4WW. In
all cases the input I received was very instrumental and their support of our
contests is greatly appreciated. However, not to be forgotten either is the
number of you that each year gets in and participates in the Melee. We've tried to
keep this contest as exciting as possible for everyone and with the changes
this year I think the DX stations had their best opportunity ever. Plus, we've
received a good number of messages from RTTY Ops around the world that like
the new hours for the Melee.  So, for each of you we thank you ever so much for
your support. Without you each year we'd have nothing.

One last thing. We're always looking for folks like yourself to assist us
with the Melee and all of the rest of our contests. If you're unfamiliar with
TARA's Four Season's Contesting and Awards Program we strongly suggest you look
at: http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_seasons.html  There you'll find the full
details on our contests. Now, if you're into chasing awards you'll surely want
to check out TARA's Award Programs at:
http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_awards.html  After reading all those pages I think you'll have a better idea as to
why we'd like to get some volunteers to jump on the old wagon. If you should
ever like to volunteer your services--I'd love to hear from you.

Once again we thank ALL of you for the honor of letting us sponsor the Melee
each year! And don't forget to review your TARA Tour'ney Points at:
http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_tourney_results.html

73 de NY2U Bill Eddy
President of TARA

TARA 2003 Melee Winner's
Posted 1/3/2004
==========================

*** Single Op - High Power ***
1st: AA5AU    570    94    53580
2nd:   N4BP    566    88    49808
3rd: VE1OP    531    91    48321

==========================

*** Single Op - Low Power ***
1st:       N3FX    376    83    31208
2nd: KE4KWE   379    75    28425
3rd:  PS7TKS    335    83    27805

==========================

*** Multi Op - High Power ***
1st: AF4Z    512    84    43008
2nd: NO ENTRY
3rd: NO ENTRY

==========================

*** Multi Op - Low Power ***
1st:     LZ9R    400    58    23200
2nd: G4EMT    580    11    6380**
(** NO CERTIFICATE ISSUED UNTIL OUR REQUEST
FOR ADDITIONAL PARTICIPANTS HAS BEEN RECEIVED)

*** SWL Category ***
1st: VK4UC    175    57    9975
2nd:  NO ENTRY
3rd:   NO ENTRY