[RTTY] Friend Files

George Johnson w1zt at comcast.net
Mon Jan 5 16:01:28 EST 2004

NW0L, Marty (aka Trisha)
EA2RY, Roberto (aka Luis)
and others

I lost my personal "friend file" in a computer crash and decided to pick up
Don's latest list.  I did look at and edit some of the entries I saw that I
knew were in error...  I had experienced the same thing with Dennis, K7BV
last year.  So I did correct Marty.  I did not have time to go over the
entire list as it is very long.

But when I worked Bill, NA2M, and "Gustav" popped out I finally just
removed the use of the  file in the contest buffer !!  I knew I would be in
deep s**t if I kept thiis up !!

Don, AF4Z, knows about all of this and has asked us to make any corrections
we see and let him know.  He is just the messenger and has volunteered to
keep this file in an available archive for us.  He will make corrections
that are sent to him

http://www.af4z.com/ham/

I will send corrections I know about to Don and I encourage you to do the
same as you find them.  I still find the file a fun addition to RTTY QSOs
but I agree that accuracy is better than not having it at all.  We just
need to make sure Don has the correct information.

I did have trouble with the file being too big and I could not read things
past about W0 on the list.  I think this was mentioned last year.  So I
need to go back through my stuff and create a list along the lines that
Marty mentioned.  It does need to be a list you are comfortable with.  I
had used all of my QSL or QSO records to make my original list.  I need to
archive it this time to make sure it is not lost.

73, George .. W1ZT