[RTTY] K9JS

Schulz Jonathan jonathan.schulz at siemens.com
Tue Jan 6 13:12:20 EST 2004

Call: K9JS
Operator(s): K9JS
Station: AI9U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8

------------
   80:    0
   40:   43
   20:  128
   15:   88
   10:   11
------------
Total:  270  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 11  Total Score = 16,470

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Originally planned to operate this from the family cabin in Northern Wis in
between enjoying some snowmobile time. A Friday night rain/sleet storm
changed
the plans (rain in Northern WI on January 2nd?? gee we better get this
global
warming issue solved pretty soon) since the rain pretty much wrecked the
already
poor trails we packed up and drove home on Saturday afternoon, killing any
op
time as I needed to unpack, grab a hot shower and reacquiant myself with my
cats. Got up Sunday morning and decided to drive to my Dad's shack to put
the
"rare" IL mult on the air for a while, ;-). Missed any shot at a Europe
opening,
never heard any JA's (big blunder on my part staying on 15 too long waiting
for
a JA opening), didn't have anyone blatantly steal my frequency this time,
though
I got squeezed a couple times by the high power boys into giving up my "run"
frequency...  one of these days I am going to try this mode High power, sure
it
would make holding a frequency easier than trying with my 100 watts...

Exactly one year ago while being housebound from a herniated disc I started
goofing around with RTTY in this contest, quickly it has become my favorite
mode
of contesting (except for phone SS) and I thank everyone for the Q's. Cu all
in
the next one